Catharsis

A place for me to ramble, and you to read.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Why is that so hard to believe?

So I'm not so interested in talking about my newest stalker. Depresses me when I think about it, and really not in the mood to talk about him. Clearly, though... not football. Silly boy.

Speaking of football, though... why is it so hard to believe that what I wrote on here the other night is my own? I worked hard on it... studied up and everything. What I'm not quite sure on is what the second comment (who DIDN'T I steal it from?) means... What DOES that mean? Anyways, at least Gabe commented. Erik didn't even bother. I see how it is guys.

Allright, enough of that. Tomorrow we'll see how I did, and then you'll BOTH be apologizing. ;-)

Anyways... had a very up and down day. Had a breakfast date that got pushed back an hour and a half into a lunch date... We met Mike and his daughter for lunch. Then we hung around while Stephen went to a birthday party for a kid from day care. He had a good time, and got along very well with Mike's daughter, too, which was nice.

We were on the way home, and stopped at Target to pick up some stuff when I realized that my wallet was missing. What a horrible feeling. Went to the grocery store I last remembered having it, nobody had found it. Came home and cancelled my credit and debit cards, but at least they hadn't been used. Had a hundred bucks in cash and 80 in checks in there. Chalked those up for a loss, and started planning to take half a day off of work to go replace my driver's license. Talked to Mike, told him, had dinner and the whole family was a little silly tonight... it was very weird, but I guess it was probalby comic relief, because on top of my thing, Diane's hamster died today, and she's a wreck. So we spent the whole dinner making up stupid puns and the like. Fairly entertaining, but geeky, you know? Anyways, after dinner, they went to the store to get ice cream to make Diane feel better, and I get another call from Mike, which I thought was kind of odd, because he was supposed to be with a friend and I hadn't expected to hear from him until later. He says "I've got good news and bad news" I was like OK... He says "I'm here in Ellicott City, at Chick-fil-a", which just confused me... anyways, long story short, he came back out here (about a half an hour drive, in the best of conditions, which today wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination... and dragged a friend along, and the two of them FOUND my wallet in the field by the parking lot... It had been gone through (which is the bad news), but only the cash was missing, which is kind of a miracle. I was SO happy. To not have to deal with the hassle of having to replace everything that was in there. What a relief. But talk about an emotional rollercoaster.

Anyways, I fell asleep at 10:30 and then got a phone call, which woke me up some. Now I'm thinking I may be able to go back to sleep after all... These blog things are really cathartic. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll tell you about my stalker tomorrow night. Anybody got a good made-up name for him? Can't use his real name. Joe has already been used. I'm open to suggestions. ;-)

Night

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Gabe Thexton said…

    Wow! Wallet, Wow!

    You shall call him Tim! (unless that's his name in which case you must remember where the quote came from.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home